AVEN Pamphlets

Per tutto il materiale divulgativo mediatico riguardante l'asessualità, nonché le iniziative e i progetti rivolti alla diffusione della visibilità.
Triple A
Junior
Contatta:

AVEN Pamphlets

Messaggio da Triple A »

Hi. First let me apologize for the fact that this entire post is in English - Its the only language I speak. I know you have at least one fluent English speakers over here, so hopefully he/she will be kind enough to translate this. I also hope I'm posting this in the right thread.

I'm a member of the Project Team at the International AVEN (I'm triple A there too). The project team is an 11 person team elected by AVEN members to help promote awareness and knowledge about AVEN and asexuality. Jesh and I have been designated to design the new AVEN pamphlets.

We're looking for quotes/photos of AVEN members to include. The last time pamphlets were printed the German's translated the same pamphlet into German, and replaced the quotes/pics with the members of their forum. The German AVEN coordinator mentioned having a closer international cooperation with this version, and I think that's a great idea.
What I am considering doing is having photos/quotes of members from more than one of the AVEN's appear on the pamphelets. All quotes would be translated into the same language that the pamphlet was printed in.

If anyone would like to submit photos, quotes, or suggestions for the pamphlets you can post them here. Or if you have an account at the international AVEN it would be best to post them in this thread http://www.asexuality.org/discussion/vi ... highlight=

Thank you, and I hope to see submissions from you guys soon,

Triple A

To help give you an idea of what we may be planning, this is the old pamphlet:

Immagine
Immagine

peterpan
Mega-Mitosi

Messaggio da peterpan »

Se ho ben capito mi hanno rubato l'idea dei volantini (scherzo) :D
Per quanto riguarda la foto non contate su di me, ci vorrebbe qualcuno di bella presenza poi facciamo il volantino (in italiano) e via a spargere il verbo :twisted:
Questo secolo oramai alla fine
saturo di parassiti senza dignità
mi spinge solo ad essere migliore
con più volontà.
Emanciparmi dall'incubo delle passioni
cercare l'Uno al di sopra del Bene e del Male
essere un'immagine divina
di questa realtà... (F. Battiato)

Triple A
Junior
Contatta:

Messaggio da Triple A »

http://www.freetranslation.com/free/web.asp From the little I can understand your right, PeterPan.

But since the pamphlet I posted is 2 years old, its probably more accurate to say that you stole our idea :wink:

I would definately like the photos to be more visually appealing in the new versions. And if you guys have already begun to design your own pamphlet, I'd love to see what you've done.

And even if you don't find yourself "attractive enough" to include you can submit a quote without a photo.

peterpan
Mega-Mitosi

Messaggio da peterpan »

Have not done pamphlet was joking :D should speak with "Bruno" he is the administrator and speaks English. Ciao :smt006
con più volontà.

Bruno
Maxi-Mitosi
Orientamento: asex

Messaggio da Bruno »

Hi Triple A,

It would be great to have an Italian version of this pamphlet. One problem, however, is that there are still very few active users on this forum and it's probably going to be very hard to find people who would agree for their pictures to be included. I'll start a topic in the Asexuality section here to see if there are any volunteers. Would it be ok for someone to include a quote but not a photograph?
I can translate the pamphlet into Italian but I'm afraid I don't have the skills to put it together in a nice format like the one you have included.
Thanks,

Bruno

Triple A
Junior
Contatta:

Messaggio da Triple A »

Bruno ha scritto:Hi Triple A,

It would be great to have an Italian version of this pamphlet. One problem, however, is that there are still very few active users on this forum and it's probably going to be very hard to find people who would agree for their pictures to be included. I'll start a topic in the Asexuality section here to see if there are any volunteers. Would it be ok for someone to include a quote but not a photograph?
Yes. most definately. The quote can even be anonymous if they like.
Bruno ha scritto: I can translate the pamphlet into Italian but I'm afraid I don't have the skills to put it together in a nice format like the one you have included.
Thanks,

Bruno
The one I included is our pamphlet from two years ago. When we get to the point of a completed pamphlet, I can piece your translation together for you.

We haven't exactly discussed how the pamphlets will be funded yet - the last time they were funded by donations. I am going to suggest that if we collabaroate internationally on the pamphlets that we should collaborate with the donations - that way even smaller AVEN's will be able to produce some of them

Oh, and please let me know if anyone submits anything (and I'd greatly appreciate you translation quotes into English)

blueberyl
A-frodite
Orientamento: Etero-Asessuale

Messaggio da blueberyl »

Hi Triple A :D ,!
I'm going to collaborate;
I'm just writing down my thougths about my 'asexual experience' and I'm going to arrange them in a comprehensible :D and short way...Of course I need the help of Avenitalia English-speaker users in order to provide a correct translation :-) for it....
Sorry I'm too shy ,and ugly too :( , to submit my photo...
Thank you!

Blueberyl.
"E' in noi un Regno che esiste ma non possediamo, ed è lo stesso che possediamo senza che esso esista"

Itsuki
Membro
Contatta:

Messaggio da Itsuki »

why all people in this forum say they are ugly?? :shock: I don't believe it, I would like to meet them and verify this thing... :D

anyway, if someone is beautiful inside, and his/her talking is smart and deep, it doesn't matter the aspect he/her shows outside: a lot of people became famous without being a model... :wink:

anyway, is the good-looking factor so relevant for your cause?? why are you looking for some handsome or at least pretty volunteers for spreading voices about the existence a new identity in human being, that is the asexual condition???
maybe you're worried that people you will meet during this work in which you "let people know asexuals are a lot of people, they are a reality, they must realize it" could comment your hard work with some superficial words like "ok, they are just some ugly people who cannot find a love mate and so are trying to idealize the impossibility of having sex with others saying they don't need to have sex in general..." and some stupid comments like that??

maybe you're right...but one person is what he/she is...it's sad having to choose someone only for his/her appearance for teaching others what a group of people who share a living condition thinks about social relations and life in general...in this way you fall in the same mistake of sexual people, who judge almost every person for his/her body attractive...but you're different: you don't judge a book from its cover (maybe, I'm the only one who thinks in this way... :roll: )

this is just a comment, I didn't mean to interfere with your work of recluting volunteers and writing pamphlets...(by the way, I've read the old one you've posted in the first post of this thread and it seemed to be interesting...maybe I would add more real-testimoniances...for example also from people abroad, just to let people from someone's own country know that it's not a short range phenomenon closed between their nation's boundaries)
I think Bruno's story would be an example above all: he has a woman by his side, he has a good work and he doesn't have any sexual problems, nor social impairments...just only with these example you could shut up all the people who thinks that asexuals are: alone, social impaired, unkeen in making friends and loving relations, with sexual or physical problems like in the endocrine system and hormons...(I think someone between asexuals really fits this description, actually...but also between sexuals there are people with these problems...anyway it's not true that asexuality is caused by these factors...)

so...have a nice work and good luck!! Immagine
My site|Kia's blog
Non è bello ciò che è bello; è bello ciò che piace

Bruno
Maxi-Mitosi

Messaggio da Bruno »

Itsuki,

Not everyone on this forum is saying they are ugly. Only one user has.

Triple A has not stated anywhere that they wanted "good looking" people to appear on the pamphlet. In fact the old one he posted had pictures of very ordinary-looking people on it.

peterpan
Mega-Mitosi

Messaggio da peterpan »

Itsuki also the asexuality of Brown is had to to physical lacks like for most of the asexual i believe, is difficult to find a person asexual that has not psychological lacks or physical.

(ma guarda un pò che mi tocca fà :? non capisco perchè i traduttori non traducano bene, lo diceva la mi mamma; studiaaa) :)
con più volontà.

peterpan
Mega-Mitosi

Messaggio da peterpan »

Sorry I'm too shy ,and ugly too
why him not from the the photograph of the cat :D

(ma i dialetto toscano non lo capiscano i traduttori :x )
con più volontà.

Bruno
Maxi-Mitosi

Messaggio da Bruno »

Triple A ha scritto:The one I included is our pamphlet from two years ago. When we get to the point of a completed pamphlet, I can piece your translation together for you.

We haven't exactly discussed how the pamphlets will be funded yet - the last time they were funded by donations. I am going to suggest that if we collabaroate internationally on the pamphlets that we should collaborate with the donations - that way even smaller AVEN's will be able to produce some of them

Oh, and please let me know if anyone submits anything (and I'd greatly appreciate you translation quotes into English)
That sounds like a great idea, I would also be happy to contribute to the funding myself (through PayPal, for example). I'll let you know once we have something ready.

Triple A
Junior
Contatta:

Messaggio da Triple A »

Bruno ha scritto:Itsuki,

Not everyone on this forum is saying they are ugly. Only one user has.

Triple A has not stated anywhere that they wanted "good looking" people to appear on the pamphlet. In fact the old one he posted had pictures of very ordinary-looking people on it.
Thanks for clarifying that Bruno.

PS. I'm female.

for example also from people abroad, just to let people from someone's own country know that it's not a short range phenomenon closed between their nation's boundaries
That's why I am here ;). I think everyone on the old brochure is US or Canadian. An international cooperation will hopefully result in people submitting quotes/pics from all over the world.

Itsuki
Membro
Contatta:

Messaggio da Itsuki »

peterpan ha scritto:Itsuki also the asexuality of Brown is had to to physical lacks like for most of the asexual i believe, is difficult to find a person asexual that has not psychological lacks or physical.
non ho capito molto bene...volevi dire che l'asessualità di bruno è dovuta a qualche mancanza, poichè è difficile trovare un asessuale che non ha alcuna mancanza fisica o psicologica?? :?:

sorry for misunderstanding your words 3A... :oops: have a good work!! :wink:
My site|Kia's blog
Non è bello ciò che è bello; è bello ciò che piace

Bruno
Maxi-Mitosi

Messaggio da Bruno »

Itsuki ha scritto:maybe you're right...but one person is what he/she is...it's sad having to choose someone only for his/her appearance for teaching others what a group of people who share a living condition thinks about social relations and life in general...in this way you fall in the same mistake of sexual people, who judge almost every person for his/her body attractive...but you're different: you don't judge a book from its cover (maybe, I'm the only one who thinks in this way... :roll: )
Ehm... Vorrei ricordarti che appena qualche mese fa avevi scritto:
Itsuki ha scritto: (cmq ho visto david jay...ehm...Immagine con tutto il rispetto...l'idea che uno si fa quando vede uno come quello che dice che il sesso non gli interessa è qualcosa tipo "la volpe che non riesce ad arrivare all'uva...non può, quindi dice che tanto non gli interessa"...Immagine lo so che è un pensiero cattivo, ma non ditemi che uno non ci potrebbe pensare di primo acchitto...)

Rispondi